Reducing Arachni aggressive scanning

William

04 Sep, 2016 03:11 PM

Hello Tasos,

First of all, I want to appreciate your time trying to help and solve all the problems that people report. In my case, I have just started to use Arachni and I´d like to ask you the following:

• How aggressive could be Arachni?. For me, is extremelly important to ensure that the servers which I am scanning are alive. In this sense, could Arachni stop a server (too much requests maybe) using the DEFAULT profile?. What I have read is that the DEFAULT profile includes all the possible checks, so I assume that it is the more agressive profile, isn´t it?.

• I am thinking in creating a new profile just including some basic features to test (I dont need to do an intensive scanning). Additionally, I would appreciate any suggestion in order to configure Arachni to reduce the posibility of breaking/stopping any scanned server.

Again, thank you for all your support.

Best regards.

PS: I am using ARACHNI WEB.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tasos Laskos on 04 Sep, 2016 03:53 PM

Hello,

Depends on the server, it could kill an underpowered server although it takes steps to prevent that by throttling itself based on server health, judged by response times.

You can configure the system's performance options to match your case: http://support.arachni-scanner.com/kb/general-use/optimizing-for-fa...

You'll probably want to decrease the above options.

Cheers

2. Tasos Laskos closed this discussion on 22 Sep, 2016 09:13 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac