login_script plugin usage

Zehr

18 Jun, 2015 03:31 PM

I am running arachni version 1.1-0.5.7, which I downloaded from http://downloads.arachni-scanner.com/arachni-1.1-0.5.7-linux-x86_64..., in a Kali VM. I am trying to audit a website that generates a nonce at the login page, so I've written a little login script to open that page in a browser, according to the instructions here: http://support.arachni-scanner.com/kb/general-use/logging-in-and-ma....

I'm entering in the following command from the bin directory of the extracted arachnid folder:

./arachni --plugin=login_script:browser=firefox,script=/home/cyber/login1.rb --report-save-path '/home/cyber/arachni.afr' [target URL]
From the program output, it appears there are two errors. I've included the seemingly relevant parts below, but I can upload the entire output if that is helpful.
Arachni - Web Application Security Scanner Framework v1.1
  Author: Tasos "Zapotek" Laskos <[email blocked]>
    (With the support of the community and the Arachni Team.)

Website: http://arachni-scanner.com Documentation: http://arachni-scanner.com/wiki

[~] No checks were specified, loading all. [~] No element audit options were specified, will audit links, forms, cookies, JSONs and XMLs.

[*] Initializing... [*] Preparing plugins... [*] ... done. [~] Login script: System paused. [~] Login script: Running the script. [-] [ArgumentError] unknown encoding name - utf8

... [-] Session: [ArgumentError] wrong number of arguments (0 for 1)

... [-] Login script: A runtime error was encountered while executing the login script. [~] Login script: Aborting the scan.

My question is this: Am I typing the command wrong? Or am I missing some prerequisites for this command to work?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tasos Laskos on 18 Jun, 2015 03:35 PM

Hey there,

There's no browser option for that plugin, it'll be using PhantomJS.
    You've removed all the good stuff though, I'm afraid I'll need the backtraces and everything.

A look into your script would be helpful as well.

Cheers

2. 2 Posted by Zehr on 18 Jun, 2015 03:47 PM

Ok, I tried the following command instead:

./arachni --plugin=login_script:script=/home/cyber/login1.rb --report-save-path '/home/cyber/arachni.afr' [target URL]

I've attached the login script and full output.
  3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tasos Laskos on 18 Jun, 2015 03:53 PM

Your login script has an error at line 6, apparently form.select_list( id: 'form:console:0' ).select is missing an argument.

The encoding error is a bug in Arachni though, any chance you can send me the details in private in order to reproduce it?
    I won't need to scan anything, just visiting the login page should be enough.

Cheers

4. 4 Posted by Zehr on 18 Jun, 2015 04:08 PM

Ah, I see. I thought the missing argument was referring back to the arachni command. I modified the script, I needed to use .set rather than .select and I'm getting a different error, but now I know it's with my script and I'll keep working on it.

Interestingly, the encoding error did not reappear after making that change. Unfortunately, I can't share the login page with you because it's behind a VPN firewall.

Thanks for the help

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tasos Laskos on 18 Jun, 2015 04:15 PM

Doing a "Save as" and compressing the directory could work, if you're allowed to share that.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Tasos Laskos on 30 Sep, 2015 02:54 PM

Closing due to lack of feedback, please provide the requested information if you'd like me to pursue this further.

7. Tasos Laskos closed this discussion on 30 Sep, 2015 02:54 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac