Issues after removing and reinstalling

erwin.de.laat

13 Feb, 2015 01:38 PM

Hi,

I installed Arachni by using the terminal:
sudo apt-get install arachni It seemed to be an old version with some bugs in it so I downloaded the new version manually and put it over the existing one.
That didn't work out well... Arachni didn't strat anymore. So I decided to remove arachni in terminal with
sudo apt-get uninstall arachni and re-installed it by using the terminal.
Now I 'm getting an error:

/usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/eventmachine-1.0.3/lib/eventmachine.rb:526:in start_tcp_server': no acceptor (port is in use or requires root privileges) (RuntimeError)
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/eventmachine-1.0.3/lib/eventmachine.rb:526:instart_server'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/thin-1.6.2/lib/thin/backends/tcp_server.rb:16:in connect'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/thin-1.6.2/lib/thin/backends/base.rb:63:inblock in start'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/eventmachine-1.0.3/lib/eventmachine.rb:187:in call'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/eventmachine-1.0.3/lib/eventmachine.rb:187:inrun_machine'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/eventmachine-1.0.3/lib/eventmachine.rb:187:in run'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/thin-1.6.2/lib/thin/backends/base.rb:73:instart'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/thin-1.6.2/lib/thin/server.rb:162:in start'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/rack-1.5.2/lib/rack/handler/thin.rb:16:inrun'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/rack-1.5.2/lib/rack/server.rb:264:in start'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/rack-1.5.2/lib/rack/server.rb:141:instart'
    from /usr/share/arachni/system/gems/gems/rack-1.5.2/bin/rackup:4:in <top (required)>'
    from /usr/share/arachni/bin/../system/gems/bin/rackup:23:inload'
    from /usr/share/arachni/bin/../system/gems/bin/rackup:23:in `<main>'

Does somebody know what to do?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tasos Laskos on 13 Feb, 2015 02:33 PM

I'm afraid I can't help you with this, the only official packages can be found at: http://www.arachni-scanner.com/download/

I've no idea what the deal is with the one you installed or what it's uninstall procedure is, I think you should talk with its maintainer.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Cheers

2. Tasos Laskos closed this discussion on 13 Feb, 2015 02:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac